First Sight

One day after work while heading home on the Bay Bridge I came up on this rad little 140S. The shear fact that it was keeping up with the flow of traffic was a good sign. All the other 140s I had looked at in the past were hoopties. This one had some minor body damage, but nothing scary. I started dreaming to myself how awesome one of these would be to fix up. Maybe with a 2.3 16v turbo motor, maybe turbo diesel out of a newer VW... or maybe even a crazy all electric conversion...  

As I moved around to the drivers side I noticed it had a FOR SALE sign! Holy crap, now if I could only read the phone number... I'd at least like to test drive it! 

I pulled along side the driver door but still couldn't read the phone number... I started thinking about following this dude to wherever he was headed... and then I realized that I could take a high res photo of the sign in the window... well it worked! 

Just then, some jackass in an X5 swerved over and got on my tail. I moved out of his way, and he sped past me only to swerve in front of the 140 and slam on his brakes! Asshole! The brake-check made the little volvo dive hard to avoid smashing into the back of the bimmer. After all, it was one of the first cars sold with full disc brakes. The X5 took off fast with the 140 in hot pursuit! And me in hot pursuit of the 140... I didn't want my future whip getting in a pointless fender bender, so I decided to play a little interference... I was pretty surprised that the X5 couldn't shake the 140 even at 90mph! 


I called up the owner and had a good laugh about the X5/140/R32 chase, and that weekend I met up with him to test drive the car. And now it's mine! My brother tailed me home in his xb. 

No comments:

Post a Comment